- Are you looking at buying a business?
- Buyer beware! Are you prepared?
- How much should you pay?
- What are the pitfalls?
- Are there any skeletons in the closet?
- Should you buy the shares or the business?
- What is the goodwill made up of?
- Is it worth it?
- How is the goodwill going to be transferred?
- Are the seller and key staff going to stay on after the acquisition?
- How are you going to finance the deal?
- How are you going to structure it, eg. will you have ear-out provisions?
- Are customer and supplier contracts in place and if so how likely are they to be transferred?
Azur can help you. We can identify potential targets, both locally and overseas, and make contact confidentially on your behalf. We can carry out a full buyer’s due diligence for you. We can identify the profit drivers of the business. We can identify the key risks and whether you should go ahead with the acquisition. We can value the target, guide you on what you should pay, how you should structure the deal and what sort of warranties and indemnities you should expect. We can assist in the negotiations on your behalf and advise on the offer based on the due diligence. Following the acquisition we can assist you in the important post integration phase.